The FSCA has partnered with Skillsmap to facilitate and host the FSCA Career Portal (the Portal).
By registering your profile on the Portal, you agree to the following FSCA Terms & Conditions:
- Your registration of a Candidate Profile [curriculum vita (cv) & personal information) on the Portal is free of charge; after which, you will be deemed to be a Candidate.
- The Candidate Profile Information loaded on this Portal will be used for Recruitment Purposes only and will not be sold to any third party or used for any other purposes other than Recruitment.
- Although the FSCA will make every effort to ensure the privacy of the profile loaded, the Candidate will not hold FSCA liable if the Candidate Profile was unlawfully copied from this Portal through unlawful means and / or distributed without consent.
- The FSCA Career Portal, as a Membership based application, reserves the right to reject any cv listing from the site for whatsoever reason.
- The Candidate agrees to be honest and truthful when using this Portal.
- The FSCA will retain all intellectual property rights contained on this Portal and will be the sole owner of the information collected on this Portal. The FSCA will not sell, share or rent this information to others in any way other than for recruitment purposes.
- All rights into the content of this Portal are reserved and retained by the owners. Users of this Portal are not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trade Mark, Patent or Intellectual Property Rights in / or to the content. The Candidate agrees not to infringe on any of these rights.
- The Candidate agrees to not use any robot, spider, or any process to monitor or copy any part of the Portal, generate automated postings and / or spam, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Portal, access the website by any means other than through the normal registration & Login phase.
- The Candidate will not copy, reproduce, reverse, assemble, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content from the Portal.
- Whilst the FSCA has taken measures to ensure the integrity of the Portal and its contents, it does not warrant, whether express or implied, that the Portal will operate error free or that any files, downloads or applications available via this Portal are free of viruses, Trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data, code or harmful mechanisms which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of the Candidate's system.
- In no event shall the FSCA be liable for any costs, expenses, losses and damages of any nature (whether direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Portal, the inability to use the Portal and/or the operational failure of the Portal, and whether or not such costs, expenses, losses and damages are based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise.
- The FSCA is committed to ensuring the security of the information. To prevent unauthorised access, the FSCA has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information that is collected via the Portal.
- The Portal and its contents are provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the generality of this clause, the following warranties are expressly excluded: warranty of merchantability, quality, or fitness for particular purpose, compatibility of the Portal with specific technology, equipment or software, uninterrupted or error free functionality of the Portal, and non-infringement of any rights.
- The FSCA makes no representations and no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, and graphics set out in the Portal.
FSCA HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The FSCA is committed to protecting the privacy of the Candidate. A Candidate can search jobs on the website without providing any personal information. Once a Candidate supplies personal information to apply for a position or set a notification, that the information will only be used in the recruitment process to match the Candidate with suitable vacancies and provide a more accurate service.
The clauses below provide an overview of how the FSCA processes a Candidate's personal information:
- Personal information is any information which alone or jointly with other factors identifies you, the Candidate, as an individual, and includes contact information such as surname and names, mobile number/telephone number, addresses, citizenship, ID and passport number, date of birth, ethnicity, disability, salary, other incentives/bonuses, job title, qualifications, Facebook/twitter/LinkedIn profiles, dependents personal information. The latter list of information is not exhaustive.
- The information a Candidate provides on this Portal is mandatory for the FSCA to achieve employment related purposes, unless specified otherwise. If the Candidate, chooses to not provide the FSCA with the information we require, we will not be able to process your application.
- We collect information directly from you, and where necessary from other sources for verification purposes such as previous employers, credit reporting agencies, and criminal records databases.
- Where required, the FSCA will share your personal information with other third parties who process the personal information for us. This includes sharing personal information for background screening and related purposes. We may also share information where we have a legal obligation to disclose such information, or for business purposes such as where we have a third party that provides technical support and might have access to the information in our systems. We require all our third parties to safeguard personal information that they have access to or is disclosed to them in line with applicable laws and regulations.
- The FSCA may at times use automated processes to generate a profile and make decisions about a Candidate, e.g. screening applicants against the minimum job requirements. A Candidate can raise a complaint, where unhappy, with the outcome of the automated decision to the FSCA Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The FSCA retains personal information in line with applicable laws, and for defined purposes related to the activities of the FSCA.
- A Candidate has the following rights in terms of applicable data protection laws:
- access to your information held by the FSCA,
- request correction to and deletion of personal information that is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully or where the FSCA is no longer authorized to keep such information.
- object to the way in which the FSCA processes personal information about you
- complain to the Information Regulator if you unhappy about the way the FSCA has dealt with your complaint, and
- query a decision that was made solely by automated means.
- For more information on how the FSCA processes personal information, please visit the FSCA's Privacy Statement on www.fsca.co.za
SKILLSMAP USER NOTICE
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie terminates.
Web beacons and parameter tracking
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, applications or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.allaboutcookies.org website.
2. Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify their username and password. Users also have the choice to subscribe to our newsletter. A user can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time from both our site and the newsletter itself.
4. Security and Data Storage
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information online. When asked to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), the information is encrypted and is protected via secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We also do everything in our power to protect user information offline. Access to all of our users' information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our Client Service Manager) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure, access-controlled environment.
FSCA will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. FSCA will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the agreements.
5. Notification Of Changes
6. IP Address and traffic data
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
The Parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts in the case of any breach of these terms and / or conditions